Accessible Customer Service Policy
Millennium will make every reasonable effort to ensure that its policies, practices and procedures are consistent with the principles of dignity, independence, integration and equal opportunity by:
- ensuring that all customers receive the same value and quality;
- allowing customers with disabilities to do things in their own ways, at their own pace when accessing goods and services as long as this does not present a safety risk;
- using alternative methods when possible to ensure that customers with disabilities have access to the same services, in the same place and in a similar manner;
- taking into account individual needs when providing goods and services; and
- communicating in a manner that takes into account the customer's disability.
Customer's own assistive device(s):
Persons with disabilities may use their own assistive devices as required when accessing goods or services provided by Millennium.
In cases where the assistive device presents a safety concern or where accessibility might be an issue, other reasonable measures will be used to ensure the access of goods and services.
Guide Dogs, Service Animals and Service Dogs
A customer with a disability that is accompanied by guide dog, service animal or service dog will be allowed access to premises that are open to the public unless otherwise excluded by law.
If a health and safety concern presents itself for example in the form of a severe allergy to the animal, Millennium will make all reasonable efforts to meet the needs of all individuals.
If a customer with a disability is accompanied by a support person, Millennium will ensure that both persons are allowed to enter the premises together and that the customer is not prevented from having access to the support person.
In situations where confidential information might be discussed, consent will be obtained from the customer, prior to any conversation where confidential information might be discussed.
Notice of Disruptions in Service
Service disruptions may occur due to reasons that may or may not be within the control or knowledge of Millennium. In the event of any temporary disruptions to facilities or services that customer's with disabilities rely on to access or use Millennium's goods or services, reasonable efforts will be made to provide advance notice. In some circumstances such as in the situation of unplanned temporary disruptions, advance notice may not be possible.
When disruptions occur Millenniumwill provide notice by:
- posting notices in conspicuous places including at the point of disruption, at the main entrance and the nearest accessible entrance to the service disruption and/or on the Millenniumwebsite; or
- by any other method that may be reasonable under the circumstances.
Millennium shall provide customers with the opportunity to provide feedback on the service provided to customers with disabilities. Information about the feedback process will be readily available to all customers and notice of the process will be made available on our website or at reception. Feedback forms along with alternate methods of providing feedback such as verbally (in person or by telephone) or written (hand written, delivered, website or email), will be available upon request.
Customers can submit feedback to:
Customers who wish to provide feedback by completing a customer feedback form, by email, or verbally can do so to the individual listed above.
Customers that provide formal feedback will receive acknowledgement of their feedback, along with any resulting actions based on concerns or complaints that were submitted.
Training will be provided to:
- all employees, volunteers, agents and/or contractors who deal with the public or other third parties that act on behalf of (Business Name); for example: salespersons, drivers, vendors, event operators, call centers and third party marketing agents; and,
- those who are involved in the development and approval of customer service policies, practices and procedures.
Notice of Availability and Format of Documents
Millennium shall notify customers that the documents related to the Accessibility Standard for Customer Service are available upon request and in a format that takes into account the customer's disability. Notification will be given by posting the information in a conspicuous place owned and operated by Millennium, or the website and/or any other reasonable method.
If you have any questions or concerns about this policy or its related procedures please contact:
Manager, Human Resources
705 Fountain Street North, Cambridge, ON N1R 5T2
This policy and its related procedures will be reviewed as required in the event of legislative changes.